Portugal was the craddle of sailors that extended the Portuguese traditions all over the world and became the main harbour for exotic goods and products from the five continents, which resulted one of the biggest empires of History, during the XVI century.Despite being a small country, there are wonderful contrasts; its inner countryside, tied to centenarial traditions; its fishermen seaside, that once were also adventurers and explorers; its modern cities as Lisbon or Porto, linked to their majestic rivers Tejo and Douro, fertile fields that offer to the world a wonder of nature, the Porto wine. In our selected hotels you will feel the glory of old times when Portugal broadened the limits of the world
Portugal Bike Tour
This country offers to the traveller an unique experience, which is possible only in a country with its history and geography.
Welcome at Lisbon Airport. Transfer to the luxury hotel, in the old town.
Free afternoon, you can visit this incredible city and the different hills, staring at the sunset over the Tajo river. Welcome cocktail and group presentation late, while tasting local products.
DAY 2 :
Transfer to Sintra, morning walk around this special place, recognised as World Heritage. Time for lunch in Mafra, near to the Baroque palace. We will continue close to the coast for few kilometres, to feel the breeze from the Atlantic.
Transfer to the Caldas da Rainha area. Free afternoon to enjoy and wander around or to rest in a historical hotel.
Visit to the Aire e Candeeiros Natural Park, its wonderful caves and unforgettable landscapes. Stop in Batalha, to admire its unique monastery and to enjoy its delicious regional food. Accomodation in a privileged hotel, placed in old convent building.
Transfer to the town of Pombal, with time to visit the templar castle.
Hiking route through this picturesque area always close to the Mondego River. Final stop in Coimbra, with time to rest in a centric boutique- hotel and to enjoy the afternoon, resting or visiting the popular places of this university town.
Moving to the coast near Cantanhede. Trekking route in a wild area of an open, endless beaches and dunes until the town of Aveiro, known as the Portuguese Venice, with tenths of water channels and Mouliceiros, the typical boats.
Free afternoon to discover the little wonders of this amazing place.
Transfer to the area of Douro river, where some of the best wines in the world are produced. Trekking close to the river banks, we will reach Porto. We can finally taste and enjoy its delicious gastronomy and, of course, the wines, well deserved after six days of journey and trekking.
Free afternoon and evening, to visit this lovely city and the main tourist sites.
Lodging in one of the emblematic hotels in Porto
Farewell and transfer to Porto Airport
If you want to extend your visit in the city, or in Lisbon, we can offer you our support and advice about it.
- 6 Nights of accommodation in luxury hotels placed in historical and traditional buildings (double rooms with private bathroom)
- All breakfasts included.
- 2 guides(tour assistant and leader), experienced and multilingual, 24 hours availability.
- Support vehicle, available for transfers, to carry luggage, provide snacks, technical support, etc…
- Comprehensive tour preparation, according to the skills and likeness of the travellers.
- Brief chat every morning about daily issues and advices.
- Detailed map of the route, with written directions and local information.
- Isotonic drinks, refreshments, and snacks on route.
- Welcome Tasting, to meet the group in Lisbon.
- Welcome gift from UGOWEGO tours
- Transfer from Lisbon Airport to Lisbon and from Porto to Porto Airport.
- Lunches and dinners
- Travel insurance
Arrival: Lisbon Airport
Departure: Porto Airport
* If you want to ride a bike instead of trekking, we can provide one for you. You must adapt to the itineraries and timetable of the trekking group. You can enjoy it without any increase on the price